From the mind of Tom Beland

Creator of True Story Swear to God

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ARRRRGGGGHHH!!


I've been having HORRIBLE connection problems since arriving in Napa.

My other computer issue is my touchpad on my ibook G4 dying on me. I have to connect my Wacom tablet to use my laptop. When I use the touchpad.. nothing happens.

I look like Tony Stark creating a makeshift armor here in Starbucks.

I hate it when computers take the day off. Ugh.

Anyone know how to fix the touchpad...? Help me....

6 comments:

DJ SK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ SK said...

Nevermind me, I was posting Windows instructions.

Peter said...

I was going to make a joke about you looking old in that picture, but then I realized that it's not you, it actually is an old man, but the fact remains that I did think it was you at first.

Isn't that funny?

Love,
Pete

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,

This sounds way too simple, but... would it be easier just to buy a cheaper $10-15 laser mouse and mouse pad until you get back home?

Oh, BTW, we just ditched our G3 IBook for a 17-inch MacBookPro last Xmas. If you're looking for a good deal on a new one -- sounds like you're in the market for one -- let me know.

Hope this helps...

Best to Lily!

Wayne

Tom Beland said...

Peter... you sometimes make me cry. And, yes, he does look way too much like me.

Wayne... I think I'll be getting the newer ibook in a month or so. I have the laser mouse back at home, but the problem happened while I'm here in California.

Looney Boy said...

Hey Tom,

I just wanted to say I am in the middle of your True Story Omnibus and had to stop by and say the roach scene was the funniest thing i have ever read. I had to try real hard not to laugh out loud on my train and make everyone think i am a crazy person.

I wanted to thank you for that.

And asking the waitress if the bollo was bonesless? priceless!

Can't wait till your back in nyc so I can have this baby signed and of course to shake your hand.

Have a good one.

James