From the mind of Tom Beland

Creator of True Story Swear to God

Monday, October 20, 2008

AFTER MUCH THOUGHT, I HAVE DECIDED THAT RICK SANCHEZ OF CNN...


... is the Sarah Palin of television journalism.

He's SO fucking over-the-top in his reactions and his "golly jeeze" personality, that it's impossible to take in anything the man says. Nobody is that naive and I really hope to God it's an act.

The other night, he was talking to someone who worked on Wall Street and he asked if people there did drugs. The guy said "sure we did, we did cocaine, uppers, you name it" to which Sanchez looks stunned, puts his chin on his hand and replies, "COCAINE..? REALLY..??? That is eye-opening."

Quit the "golly gee" act and treat the news with some maturity.

2 comments:

milo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
milo said...

Thanks for the book, man. I read about halfway through last night after i got home. I think it's about the most honest, heartfelt material I've read in a long time.

I don't want to sound like to much of a fan boy, but your work rocks, man. I can't think of a more romantic thing than to make a comic book of how you met the love of your life. It's has wit, honesty and translates the culture barrier quite accurately.

When you told me you wrote one of my most cherished Marvel stories ever, i was impressed. Now that I've seen some of your work that hits closer to home, i can assure you, you have a new fan.

Peace.