From the mind of Tom Beland

Creator of True Story Swear to God

Friday, March 21, 2008

FLAME ON

So, my brother-in-law, Tino, told me that he had two passes to the Puerto Rico Open golf event and wanted to know if I wanted to go. We headed Donald Trump's new golf complex and we followed Tom Lehman and Dan Curtis around for nine holes and it was a great time.

Until we got to the clubhouse.

"Man.. you're really red." Tino tells me, pointing at my neck and legs.

I was scorched and never realized it. My legs, arms and neck had become something akin to tandoori chicken. Trust me, you don't want to see the photos.


By the time I got home, I couldn't move my legs or turn my neck. Lily applied some aloe vera on my skin, but, as of today, I'm pretty much confined to sitting on couch with my legs up.

If I stand, the blood rushes to my feet and that comes with a throbbing pain. It makes it impossible to stand. It sucks.

So, it's NCAA tournament viewing and Lily just slipped in a copy of Disney's ENCHANTED.

Man, I really do miss hand-drawn animation.

3 comments:

LordCybron said...

Get well Tom. I had a little sun-related headache yesterday, and I was wearing a hat.

Tom Beland said...

Thanks. Yeah, it was a weird day considering it looked like rain early in the day. I'm literally stuck in bed, I'm not able to stand on my feet.

Lily wants me to go to the hospital, but I'm going to hold out on that. She's a little under the weather today, so the last thing I want is to have her in a room full of sick people.

Enchanted was great.

Anonymous said...

I too miss hand-drawn animation